When do companies typically introduce coaching programmes?
A number of organisations, small to large in size, have begun to see the benefits and advantages of coaching programmes for their employees.
Situations where coaching can add tremendous benefit include:
- Broadening the group of top performers in the company
- Getting key people who have been appointed in new roles up to speed as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Assisting employees within companies to cope with any changes that take place within the company i.e. restructuring, retrenchments etc.
- Addressing low performance issues in either personal or business lives
- Correctional coaching as an alternative to disciplinary procedures and actions
- Improved implementation of new skills learnt during formal training sessions.
The exciting part is that companies do not see coaching as a reactive program anymore – more and more companies are introducing coaching programmes as incentives for their top performers!